Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When we moved in......

These are the pictures of our home when we moved in.  I have to admit, when I look at these pictures I still get anxiety... what a job!!!!  However, my husband and I were able to see the potential of this cozy home that was built in 1915.

I felt inclined to share with you the exterior condition of the house a week before we moved in.  You are looking at the "Ice Storm of 2009's" damage!


Here, my friends is a sad, sad kitchen.  The dark wood cabinets were surely going to be the first things to go.  The knobs on the cabinets were also straight from the 70's.  Everyone knows how expensive re-doing kitchens are... so stayed tuned for my cheap redo!

This is our kitchen nook.  An adorable little room with a lot of potential... but that red and yellow (yes that is YELLOW wood work!) had to go!

Ladies and gents... look at this horrible wallpaper! Shortly after moving in I was watching "Home Alone" and guess what I saw? The "Home Alone" house had the SAME wallpaper as my new home...This was going to be a major project!  Not only did this wallpaper go up and throughout the whole upstairs... there is plaster underneath (very old plaster) which means that the underneath has many imperfections which is almost impossible to paint over and look nice.

 Here is the master bedroom... my husband took the picture and neglected to capture the most interesting part of the room. Above the wall behind the bed is a HUGE open sky light that spans the whole room.  Let me point out the beautiful curtains that we put up our first night.... HA!  Sadly, those "curtains" (bed sheets) stayed up there for quite some time while I worked on the downstairs.  This is still a work in process but come back to see a dramatic transformation of my curtains!

The picture to the left is our family room.  Notice the all white walls and black wood work (ughhh!)
 These two rooms are the dining room and the living room... these two rooms were definitely not as bad as the rest of the house... but they still needed a little face lift!
Well folks... above is a look into our humble abode.  So overall, very dark look and very dated! Stayed tuned for room by room transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment