Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Adorned Mantels

I apologize for the lack of posts lately, everything gets a little crazy around the holidays :)!  Well, I'm sure everyone is starting to think about their own Christmas decorations and entertaining, so I thought I would share what I did over the past couple days for our decorations



This is my mantel in the family room!  This is very simple and inexpensive.... I found 9' garland at Old Time Pottery for $1.99 a strand.  I twisted two pieces together to make the garland look more full.  I found the ribbon (make sure you purchase ribbon that has wire in it!) also at Old Time Pottery for $0.47 a roll!  From this picture you are not able to see, but I wrapped white christmas lights around the garland before putting up the ribbon, so at night it lights up your whole room!  I used magnolia branches from our big tree out back and did a little styling with my horse heads! I purchased the wreath at the same place (Old Time Pottery) last year on sale, I believe I paid $5.00 and used left over ribbon from last year to make the bow!



This is from the living room.  This was a much more thought out design.  I absolutely love hydrangeas, I grow them in the backyard, I had them in the wedding and I can find a use for them in any situation!  I found these dried hydrangeas, again, at Old Time Pottery.  The most difficult part of putting together a mantel decoration is doing the darn ribbon!  It takes forever to place it just right.  Thankfully, I had my aunt come over and help me place the ribbon!  She is VERY talented!

So here is what I have completed so far... I would love to see some pictures of your Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment