Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Living Room Woes....

Remember me posting this picture???

This was the day we moved in all our stuff!!!  Well, this room only stayed this way for a couple of days, because I couldn't live with the black wood work!  I chose to go with a very neutral color for this room because it only gets natural light for a couple hours a day, so I wanted to keep it light.


Here is the room painted with a light yellow/beige and my curtains.  I think curtains make such a difference but they definitely leave damage to your back account!  I decided to get linen pre-made curtains for cheap and then add on my own trim (with fabriglue!!) It was really easy and it makes the curtains look more tailored and custom made.
I was really concerned about what to do with my TV, I was ready to get rid of my husband's "TV stand" that he owned from college but I knew that buying an armoire would not be possible!
I was handed down a pie safe when we moved in, and I have to be honest, I wasn't very excited about it... It was all wrong, wrong wood, wrong lines, wrong look altogether... well I started looking at the pie safe in a new light when I realized that buying an armoire was not possible.
Look how it turned out!


I have to give credit where credit's due to my handy dandy husband!  He basically sawed off the back half of the piece of furniture and shoved the TV in there... there is not a centimeter to wiggle!  Then he build a back for it so you don't see straight through at the top!
I found the two pieces of luggage on top at a local consignment store and bought books at Goodwill for $.25!  It just needed a little styling on top (thanks to my sister) to pull this piece together!

As for the plans for this room... I'm not to thrilled about my fireplace arrangement, in fact I HATE the black insert with the brass doors, I'm currently trying to beg my husband to try to pull it out!

Here is the start of my collection of Juliska on the back wall... I'm hoping to find an INCREDIBLE mirror to place in the middle of my arrangement and fill the wall... OR I could talk my husband into building me sophisticated bookshelves along the wall????? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment