Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Estate Find!

I mentioned on here that I stopped by an estate sale on Friday and found a couple of things that I was pretty excited about!
Here are some of the pieces that I took home with me....



This is sort of difficult to see in the picture, but this is a custom piece made out of solid walnut.  I haven't quite found it a home yet, but check back with me and hopefully I'll have found it a home and have given it a little style ;)


I found the two topiaries in this picture and bought them for (drum roll please....) $10.00!  I have been looking for a pair of topiaries for a while now and I haven't bought any because of their pricey tag thats attached to them!
And lastly.... See the painting???  I got that for $15.00! Sure its not my kinda art... but the frame is absolutely beautiful.  I couldn't find a frame like that for under $200!
When I got home, I decided to look up the artist in the painting on Google, just in case.... Turns out I have an original oil painting from artist Sally Haley.  Her paintings are quite big in Oregon and turns out her painting are worth quite a bit of money.... WHO KNEW!
So for now... the Victorian Lady will stay in the frame (my husband is not to excited about sleeping next to her... HA!)  until I can sell her.
Check out my sister's blog here to see her chic finds from the estate!


** One more thing... see the cherry stain on the chest of drawers?  I'm staining it next week so check back for a how-to!

No comments:

Post a Comment