Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Cornice Boards with Monogram

Sorry it has been a couple days since the last post.  I had a very busy weekend which included going to an estate sale and finding some great things... I can't wait to share them with you!  Last week, I blogged about the cornice boards that I have been working on.  Here are some pictures of them thus far...
* Again sorry for the picture quality, I can't find my camera charger anywhere so I am using my Iphone!

I first taped down a plastic sheet on top of the monogram that I wanted to use.  I then got my exacto knife and carefully traced the outside of the monogram.  I ran into a problem because, as you can see, the inside of the monogram isn't attached to anything so that had to be cut out seperate.


After I had cut out the monogram and pieced it together, I placed it on the cornice boards.  I had to make sure that they were exactly centered, so I measured multiple times.  I used "T" pins to secure down the monogram so that I didn't have to use my hands to hold it down.  I used metallic acrylic paint to do the monogram.





And here is the cornice board hung up.  I had to go back and perfect the monogram because the paint bled a little bit under the stencil.  This is the picture before I went back and cleaned the monogram up a bit.  I am going to add a trim around the boards and then I will be done. I went ahead and showed you my far from done bedroom! I am working on pillows right now for the bed and also arranging pictures above the bed!

This was such a simple project and I think the results are great!  After I went over the monogram, it really looks as though it is embroidered on!
Email me if you have any questions on how to do this project!  Please send pictures if you try this on your own!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was searching "cornice boards" and found your gorgeous blog! Love it. Your window treatment is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete