Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Crest Stencil

Hey Guys... I have decided on a project today!
I found this adorable crest/monogram today and I thought it would be ADORABLE on my cornice boards that I just made... (that post is yet to come) but here is a sneak peek...




Isn't it cute!!!!  Alright guys... here is the plan...  I have already made the cornice boards and I have a cream fabric covering them because I had a feeling I would want to do something creative to them down the road.  Below is step by step plan of what I plan to do
1.  Go to UPS or Kinkos and get the crest/monogram blown up to the size that I would like it.
2.  Go Buy a sheet of thin plastic that is used to make stencils (found at Michael's or Hobby Lobby)
3.  Tape the blown up image on the piece of plastic
4.  Grab my exacto knife and begin cutting the image out of the plastic (Being EXTREMELY careful)
5.  Take my stencil I created and tape it onto my cornice boards
6.  Purchase some Gold fabric paint and paint the stencil onto my cornice boards
7.  VUALA!!!!  Beautiful custom looking cornice boards meant just for me! ;)

I'll keep you updated on how these are turning out!

1 comment: